I'm donating my face for Movember and attempting to grow a Mo (Australian slang for mustache) for the entire month. It will probably take me the whole month to grow anything substantial. It's not pretty, trust me.
What Is Movember?
The Movember Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that runs the global men's health initiative, Movember. Every November (now known as Movember), thousands of men grow Mo's to raise awareness for men's health, specifically for cancer affecting men. Instead of walking or running for charity, we grow mustaches.
This is the first year I've gotten involved. I really wanted to support my hometown team (TeamRDU) and do whatever I can to help raise awareness for the foundation and its mission.
How You Can Help
If you can spare a buck, 5 bucks or any amount, I'd really appreciate your support (hint: click the button above). It's a really important mission and one I'm proud to be involved with.
There are a couple reasons why you should donate:
- Help support an organization for a great cause
- Feel good. Donating to a great cause should make you feel good. Nothing wrong with that.
- Get rewarded.
I'm not naive. I know you're probably asked to donate money to a lot of different causes. Or maybe you're reading this and thinking about donating; but then you get busy and keep putting it off until you forget about it. I've done it before, too.
So I'm hoping to offer you a little something extra to motivate you here...
What's In It For You?
If you donate and support the Movember cause, here's what I'll do:
- Donate $5 or more - I'll thank you in a tweet
- Donate $10 or more - I'll conduct a 5 question interview as part of a Movember Interview Series and post it to my blog (and thank you)
- Donate $20 or more - I'll send you 3 ideas for social promotions (and thank you and interview you)
- Donate $50 or more - I'll do a 30 minute brainstorming/consulting call with you (and thank you, interview you, and give you 3 ideas)
- Donate $100 or more - I'll help you put together a plan for how to do a better job measuring your social engagement efforts (and give you all the other stuff)
If you have the means, I'd really appreciate your support. Thanks for your time, and have a great day!